HomeUncategorizedPlayer Confirms Big News Shortly After French Open Victory

Player Confirms Big News Shortly After French Open Victory

-

Carlos Alcaraz is planning on kicking off his grass season at the Queen’s Club despite his French Open victory and having a very short time to prepare for his first scheduled grass tournament.

On Sunday, Alcaraz became a three-time Grand Slam champion after overcoming Alexander Zverev in a five-set French Open now.

Since Alcaraz dealt with a right forearm injury going into the French Open and he had two long weeks in Paris, some naturally wondered if that would have any impact on his grass season plans. But during an appearance on Spanish radio Onda Cero, Alcaraz confirmed that he is still aiming to defend his Queen’s title and then also play at Wimbledon and the Paris Olympics.

Last year, Alcaraz entered the grass season with question marks as even he was very openly talking about still needing to “figure out how to play on grass.” But after Alcaraz won five matches in Queen’s for his first grass title, everything changed and he spoke very confidently about his grass game.

“I see myself with a lot of weapons on grass,” Alcaraz said after winning his first title on grass.

“I try to hit big shots all the time, I’ve improved my serve really well. And with the forehand I try to dominate all the time. And yes, I consider myself a good player on grass with all the weapons that I have.”

After winning Queen’s, that’s when Alcaraz for the first time agreed to declare himself a Wimbledon finalist.

“I just played 11 matches in my career on grass, so I have to get more experience, more hours. But obviously after beating amazing guys, and with the level that I played, I consider myself one of the favorites to win Wimbledon,” Alcaraz said at the time.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS

Yankees star finally turning things around with productive August

New York Yankees infielder Gleyber Torres hit 24 and 25 home runs in 2022 and 2023, respectively. He posted .761 and .800 OPS marks, establishing himself...

Offer sheets coming for Detroit Red Wings players Lucas Raymond and Moritz Seider?

Rumblings of contract talks might scare some fans, so should Detroit Red Wings fans worry about Lucas Raymond and Moritz Seider signing offer sheets? For background...

Hawthorn provide updates on five injured players ahead of September return

Two gun midfielders are among five Hawks racing against the clock. Hawthorn midfield pair Conor Nash and Will Day will both need to prove their fitness at training over the...

Birmingham City transfer target Lyndon Dykes was backed for Premier League and valued at £3m

Birmingham City are reportedly set to make Scotland international and QPR striker Lyndon Dykes their 14th signing of the summer. Birmingham City have reportedly had a...

Most Popular

spot_img